Feel free to mix up the meat mix a bit. Next time I may make this a lot smaller and make the division of meats evenly.
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrot
- 6 to 8 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pounds Ground Buffalo
- 1/2 pounds Ground Pork or Veal
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (check your fridge to see if you have old rice leftover from takeout. I went through the trouble of cooking the shit before I found a goddamned carton of perfectly fucking good, already cooked rice in the fridge)
- 1/2 cup smashed Chex (or Breadcrumbs)
- 1/8 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (or Parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic/Parsley Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
- 3 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (Fig Balsamic rules!)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 or 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Sriracha To Taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Make the loaf
- Saute onions, peppers, garlic and carrots in a pan with olive oil until soft.
- Place the sauteed vegetables, ground meats, cooked rice, breadcrumbs, Cheese, Garlic/Parsley salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined (normally you'd mix meatloaf my hand but unless you let the cooked rice and veggies cool you'll make up a few new words.. like "Godagadmothafuck!" like I did today).
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain (this fucker does get really goopy).
- Add ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard, pepper flakes, soy and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Add more of whatever from above to make it more right (never made it the same way twice)
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top. Spread with a spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.